Location: Delivering sessions from Parenting 2000’s premises at Southport, Crosby, Schools and other settings and also remotely using Zoom.
Rate of Pay: £21.60 per hour
Contract: This role is available on a self-employed sessional basis.
Responsible to: Therapeutic Project Lead and CEO of Parenting 2000
Parenting 2000 is a charity established in 1994 by a group of parents; based in Sefton we run a range of services that provide emotional and practical support, information and guidance targeted at benefitting vulnerable children, young people and families in our borough. We also run Youth Services under our Alchemy brand from our buildings in Southport and Crosby.
Our organisation is recognised for its strong track record in providing professional, evidenced based high quality interventions to support children and young people.
We are recruiting sessional counsellors to join our therapeutic services team in delivering a range of therapeutic counselling services primarily to children.
This role will mainly entail providing one to one mental health assessment and counselling to children and young people from age 6 years and occasionally adults on a wide variety of issues. There may also be a requirement to deliver therapeutically led group work to young people, parents and other adults.
Applicants will need the following requirements:
- Hold a recognised qualification in Counselling to a minimum of level 4.
- Applicants should work within the BACP framework and be accredited or working towards accreditation.
- Must be registered or a member of a professional body, for example BACP/NCS/UKCP or an equivalent.
- Must be qualified to work with children & Young people: preference will be given to those who can work across the full age range.
- Will be required to work late afternoons, early evenings. Some weekends may be necessary.
- Be willing and able to work both face to face and via Zoom
We welcome applicants who have therapeutic specialisms they can bring to our organisation such as Play Therapy, CBT or Integrative.
Our therapeutic services are delivered from Parenting 2000’s two centres (in Southport and Crosby), remotely via Zoom and from community venues, including a GP’s surgery, schools, HM Prisons.
Closing date 3 January 2021
To apply please send your CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references, Right to Work in the UK & enhanced DBS check.