When coming to therapy, it is common to feel overwhelmed, unheard or even numb. Our therapists are here listen to you and to give you the space to explore those emotional issues, problems and worries which are affecting your mental health and wellbeing, and help you find solutions to manage and overcome them.
Our therapists use a range of approaches such as using play to engage with younger children; therapy in an art room for those who struggle to talk about how they feel or CBT methods to help clients understand how their behaviour is linked to their feelings/thoughts. All of our therapists use Person-Centred ideas at the heart of their approach, where providing a confidential, non-judgmental space is key.
Counselling is hugely helpful in making people feel less alone and isolated in their suffering, and enables them to get on with the rest of their life, making it easier to cope.
For children and teenagers, this can result in improved attainment, attendance, reductions in behavioural problems, as well as happier, more confident and resilient young people.
Counselling is offered face to face and online via Zoom to:
- Children aged 6 years and over
- Parents/carers (all genders) Individual or couples
- Individual adults (all genders)
Our counsellors are well qualified professionals who are registered with BACP/UKCP and are here to support you with issues that can affect your everyday life.
Some examples of the issue we can support you to overcome are:
- Relationships and family problems
- Depression and low mood
- Stress and feeling overwhelmed and not coping
- Low self-esteem – lack of confidence
- Bullying at school, work or home
- Post-Traumatic Stress
- Domestic abuse (all genders and ages)
- Issues around gender identity & sexuality
- School or college pressures
What our clients say about us
“I feel better! I am happier, calmer, at ease more often, and more hopeful about the future.”
“I can now handle life’s ups and downs more easily and with more control over your emotions.”
“I see the difficult times as part of life and are less likely to become overwhelmed by them.”
“I have a goal for what I want my life to be, and you’re working towards that goal.”
Read more on what our counselling clients say…
Our standard counselling service involves seven sessions. At the first session your therapist will discuss your needs with you which will help shape the subsequent six sessions.
We also offer our service to schools and other organisations.
Individuals can book with us directly (self referral). We also welcome referrals from doctors and other professionals. Our referral form can be found here.
Although we are here to support you, in a crisis, you may need immediate support which you can access from the following:
- In an emergency, or if you don’t feel that you can keep yourself safe, please contact 999 or visit A&E.
- For children, families or professionals contact the CAMHS Crisis Line to speak directly to a mental health practitioner on 0808 196 3550 or 0151 293 3577.
- Childline call 0800 11 11
- The Samaritans call 116 123
- CALM call 0800 585856 (5pm – midnight 365 days a year) or via their webchat https://www.thecalmzone.net/help/webchat/